FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
|• What do I need to bring to The Bookstore to find what textbooks I need?
• When can I purchase textbooks on The Bookstore website?
• Can I return textbooks ordered online?
• What if I drop a class, are the textbooks returnable?
• What if the textbook I need is no longer available on the shelves?
• What is the difference between different designations for texts, required, recommended, etc?
• Why do my textbooks cost what they do?
• What goes into determining how much I get for selling my books back?
• What do I need to have to sell my books at a Textbook Buy Back?
• How much will I save if i buy a used textbook?
• What are my payment options?
• What is The Bookstore Pre-Pack Program?
• Your question not listed? Click Here.
|TEXTBOOK INFORMATION DISCLAIMER:
All information is subject to change.The SUNY Orange Bookstore works to ensure the currency of textbook information on this website but cannot warrant its absolute accuracy due to errors, changes in the academic department decisions and/or publisher updates. Prices are subject to change without notice. Prices that are blank indicate that pricing information is currently unavailable for that item. The total purchase amount shown at checkout reflects NEW prices only. If USED is available and has been selected by the customer, the USED price will be charged when the order is processed. Professors may make changes to adoptions or editions. The Bookstore will make these changes on textbook reservations and "at once" orders placed on the Bookstore website. Every effort is made to provide accurate information. Users agree not to conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on, or in relation to our web site without our express written consent.
|WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE BOOKSTORE TO FIND WHAT TEXTBOOKS I NEED?
You would need bring your student I.D and either your course schedule or class syllabus in order to find your
|WHEN CAN I PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS ON THE BOOKSTORE WEBSITE?
The SUNY Orange Bookstore Reservation website opens as soon as reasonably possible for each term. Using the Bookstore textbook reservation process assures that your required textbooks will be bagged and waiting for you at the Bookstore (notification of any publisher delay will be in your bag).
Click here for Instructions for finding Textbook Information on our website.
|CAN I RETURN TEXTBOOKS ORDERED ONLINE?
Click here for our full Return Policy.
|WHAT IF I DROP A CLASS, ARE THE TEXTBOOKS RETURNABLE?
If you drop a class or a class is canceled, textbooks will be returnable up to the last day of the add/drop period. It is necessary to have your original receipt and your add/drop slip from the Registrar. NEW textbooks must be undamaged, bundled if originally purchased bundled, have all components intact and present and have no writing.
Click here for our full Return Policy.
|WHAT IF THE TEXTBOOK I NEED IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE ON THE SHELVES?
If the textbook you would like to purchase is no longer available on the shelves please go to the Customer Service desk located in the Textbook section for assistance. The Bookstore can place a special order for any textbooks not on the shelf. You will receive a phone call when you book arrives. Pick up special order textbooks at the Customer
|WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DIFFERENT DESIGNATIONS FOR TEXTS, REQUIRED, RECOMMENDED, ETC?
• RQ - Required: Denotes professor indicated this textbook will be necessary for the class.
• RC - Recommended: Texts as resources or reference materials selected by your professor or made available by the Bookstore that may be purchased at you discretion.
• GO - Go To Class First: Texts are used during the semester for special assignments. Most often your professor will ask you to choose only one title of a selection. Please go to your class before purchasing this category of textbook.
• YC - Your Choice: Text is available in different formats, for instance bound or loose leaf, bundled or unbundled.
Talk to our staff for additional information.
• RT - Rental: This textbook is available as a rental. Talk to our staff for additional information.
• 2H - Second Half: This course uses the same text as the prior course in sequence.
• SO - Special Order: This item is not generally available in stock at the Bookstore but may be available on a
special order basis.
|WHY DO MY TEXTBOOKS COST WHAT THEY DO?
Publisher prices and fees, author royalties, shipping costs and normal store operation expenses all go into
determining the price of new textbooks.
|WHAT GOES INTO DETERMINING HOW MUCH I GET FOR SELLING MY BOOKS BACK?
There are several factors that go into determining how much a textbook can be sold for. The Bookstore and/or the book buyer may have reached their quota on the textbook. The textbook might not be used for the upcoming semester. The publisher may be replacing the textbook with a new edition. The condition of the textbook being sold back (i.e. excessive writing or highlighting, torn or missing pages, stains, water damage or missing items) also goes
into determining the value of the textbook.
|WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO THE BOOKSTORE TO SELL MY BOOK BACK?
To sell your books back during a scheduled Textbook Buy Back you need bring Photo I.D (I.E. Student ID, Driver License, Military I.D). Click here for our current Textbook Buy Back Schedule.
|HOW MUCH WILL I SAVE IF I BUY A USED TEXTBOOK?
On average used textbooks cost 25% less than a new textbook.
|WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
The Bookstore currently accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard and Discover cards, as well as Debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo. We also accept personal checks. The check needs to be signed by the account holder and made payable to O.C.C.C. ASSOCIATION. A valid SUNY Orange I.D. card is also required for personal checks.
|WHAT IS THE SUNY ORANGE BOOKSTORE PRE-PACK PROGRAM?
The SUNY Orange Bookstore Pre-Pack Program is a free service where The Bookstore staff gathers together and
sets aside the books you will need for an upcoming semester. Click here for more information.
The staff at SUNY Orange Bookstore works diligently to see that all the required books are on the shelves for you to purchase. We are your best source for purchasing the correct edition, accurate text and materials needed for your course work. None of our textbooks have been illegally reproduced or acquired. We know that you have other sources for your textbooks and understand your need to find the lowest cost book. We post the book list on our web site in plenty of time for you to search other sources. With that in mind, we ask that you not borrow our books (purchase for temporary use) when you do not intend to actually keep them. We would like the books to remain in new condition and available for those who need them. We try to be the best overall value to you by providing the convenience of having all the books and supplies you need, on campus.The money you spend at your store stays here on campus and in our local community. We appreciate your choosing to shop at the SUNY Orange Bookstore and look forward to your visit.